1. Use within Japan
MyJLPT provides services related to taking the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (hereinafter referred to as “JLPT”) in Japan to JLPT applicants.
2. Provision of services and provision conditions
(1) Services related to taking the JLPT offered on MyJLPT are provided by Japan
Educational Exchanges and Services (hereinafter referred to as “JEES”).
(2) The following applies to services related to the JLPT offered on MyJLPT. The
“Conditions Stipulated by This Agreement”, “Conditions Stipulated by JEES
as Noted on the JEES Website”, and the “Conditions Stipulated by JEES for a
Set Period of Time, Etc. on the JEES Website”.
conditions stipulated on the JEES website, the conditions stipulated on the
JEES website shall take precedence.
3. Completion and conclusion of application to issue a Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Certificate of Result and Scores (hereinafter referred to as a “Certificate of Result and Scores”)
(1) Completion and conclusion of an application between JEES and the user shall
be complete once JEES performs formal application procedures as stipulated
below. Note that the JLPT Application Center, operated by JEES, may call the
user if needed. Should JEES accept the application by phone or other means,
application shall be deemed to be completed and concluded once acceptance
has been conveyed to the user, regardless of the above.
(2) The time at which formal application procedures noted above have been
taken, refers to the following situations.
① If payment by credit card is selected, this is when the user’s credit card
company accepts the charges, JEES confirms acceptance of charges, and
an e-mail “Notice of Application Completion” is sent for test applications, or
an e-mail “Notice of Certificate Issuance Application Completion” is sent for
issuances for Certificates of Result and Scores.
② If payment at a convenience store or payment by bank wire transfer (Pay-easy)
is selected, this is when JEES confirms payment from the user.
(3) If payment by credit card is selected, application may be refused if the credit
card company does not accept the charges made on the card. In addition,
credit card use may be refused even after application procedures using a
credit card is completed on the MyJLPT website. Please note that should this
occur, the JLPT Application Center will contact you by phone or other means.
4. JLPT test fee and Certificate of Result and Scores issuance fee payment methods
(1) Payments on MyJLPT can be selected from among the following methods.
However, applications by a group representative can only be paid by bank wire
transfer (Pay-easy), and applications from overseas can only be paid by credit
① Payment by credit card
② Payment at a convenience store (there are no handling fees)
③ Bank wire transfer (Pay-easy) (there are no handling fees)
(2) Payment procedures for the above methods must be made according to the
methods specified by JEES.
(3) Gift cards and other vouchers or certificates cannot be used.
(4) The test fees, Certificate of Result and Scores issuance fees, and mailing
fees all include consumption tax. In addition, the handling fees of Certificate
of Result and Scores issuance is calculated according to the number of
certificates the user applies for. When the Certificates of Result and Scores
are delivered by regular mail within Japan, the mailing fees are already
included in the certificate issuance fees. On the other hand, when the
certificates are delivered by express shipping/delivery-certified mail, or are
delivered overseas by Express Mail Service (EMS), the mailing fees are
required to be paid in addition to the issuance fees.
(5) When issuing the Certificate of Result and Scores, should the “Certificate
issuance application acceptance number” differ, even if the applications are
from the same user, mailing fees for each application will be required.
5. Test Voucher, Test Result, Certificate of Result and Scores delivery method
(1) Test Voucher will be sent to all applicants for whom JEES has accepted
applications by regular mail by a date planned by JEES.
(2) Test Result will be sent by regular mail to all examinees on a date planned by
(3) In principle, the Certificate of Result and Scores will be sent by regular mail
to all examinees who have applied for issuance of a certificate.
(4) In principle, delivery will be within Japan. However, delivery of Certificates
of Result and Scores can be made overseas.
(5) Please note that delivery of the mailed items may take some time depending
on the distance from the origin of delivery, traffic conditions, weather, and
other conditions. Should delivery be delayed from the date originally planned,
you will receive notification from JEES by e-mail or other method. For delivery
within Japan, issuance and delivery of the Certificate of Result and Scores will
take approximately one to two weeks after JEES has confirmed payment of the
issuance and mailing fees. For delivery overseas, issuance and delivery will
take approximately two weeks or more after JEES has confirmed payment of
the issuance and shipping fees.
(6) In principle, mailed items will be delivered to the mailbox at the residence of
(7) If the name of the applicant cannot be confirmed on the mailbox, or if the
applicant’s residence cannot be confirmed at the address supplied, the mailed
items may be returned to the sender (JLPT Application Center).
(8) In cases of (7) above, mailing fees will be charged for resending.
6. Handling of personal information
(1) Collection of personal information
The following information is collected, stored, managed and processed by JEES
from MyJLPT users as personal information.
① The following information is collected from users who have registered with
MyJLPT. Name, country or region of birth (or current nationality), first
language (mother tongue), gender, date of birth, address, phone number,
fax number, and e-mail address.
② The following registered information is collected from users who have applied
to take the JLPT using MyJLPT. Test level, test area, photo data, name, country
or region of birth (or current nationality), gender, date of birth, address, phone
number, fax number, and questionnaire responses.
③ Test and score results for users who applied to take the JLPT using MyJLPT.
④ Name, address, and phone number for users who applied to have a Certificate
of Result and Scores issued using MyJLPT.
(2) Use of personal information
The information collected in section (1) above is used by JEES for the following
purposes. JLPT application processing, issuance and sending of test vouchers,
implementation/planning/improvement of the JLPT, scoring, statistical analysis,
issuance/sending of Test Results, Certificates of Japanese-Language Proficiency
and Certificates of Result and Scores, implementation/planning/improvement
of JLPT Practice Test.
In addition, information may be shared with the Japan Foundation, which
implements the JLPT with JEES, within the scope necessary to achieve the
above usage purposes.
(3) Provision of personal information to third parties
JEES shall only use collected personal information within the scope agreed to
with the user who provided the information. The collected information is not
revealed or disclosed to third parties except in cases where information is
urgently required to protect the life, physical body, or possessions of another
person and in cases specified by Article 23, Section 1 of the Personal
Information Protection Law.
However, JEES may respond to requests from the Immigration Bureau of
Japan, educational institutions such as universities, and companies regarding
the authenticity of the Test Result, Certificate of Japanese-Language
Proficiency, or the Certificate of Result and Scores.
(4) Consignment of personal information
Within the scope required to achieve the objectives of section (2) above,
JEES may consign the processing of personal information to a subcontractor
after first concluding agreements to appropriately protect the personal
information to be processed.
The MyJLPT site may send information known as cookies to the computers
of MyJLPT users. This information is stored on the hard drive or in the
memory of the user’s computer. Use of information from the cookies is limited
to provide various information to users, session management, and
management of login state. Please be assured that this is not a violation of
privacy of the user.
(6) Technical safety management of personal information
MyJLPT uses encryption technology known as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
on pages where users enter their personal information. SSL encrypts and
authenticates information transmitted between the browser and the web
server, preventing the theft or alteration of data by a third party.
(7) Inquiries regarding personal information
Requests for notifications concerning usage purposes of personal information
entered for the purposes of using MyJLPT, disclosure, correction of details,
addition or deletion of information, stoppage of use, complete deletion, as well
as stopping provision to third parties shall be handled in accordance with
Copyrights and rights for photographs, text, and other material on MyJLPT are held by JEES. Replication, reproduction, processing and other use of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.
(1) JEES shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages incurred by users or
third parties as a result of system problems, unforeseen circumstances, non-
acceptance of test applications or requests for Certificates of Result and Scores
issuance, or when requests for cancellation of applications are made.
(2) Please note that JEES shall not be liable for any damages incurred by users or
third parties should they incur damages as a result of illegal or unauthorized
access or activities by hackers or other persons.
(3) Please note that JEES shall not be liable for any damages incurred by users or
third parties should there by any mistakes in the information or other data
sent by a user using MyJLPT, or non-acceptance of test applications or
requests for Certificates of Result and Scores issuance.
(4) Please note that JEES shall not be liable for any damages incurred by users or
third parties through use of MyJLPT other than JLPT applications and
applications for issuance of a Certificate of Result and Scores.
(5) Please note that should user data or other information be deleted due to
system problems, problems with the system equipment operating MyJLPT,
or due to transmission line conditions, JEES may immediately cancel, without
condition, test applications and applications for issuance of Certificates of
Result and Scores.
(6) Please note that test fees, handling fees for issuance of a Certificate of Result
and Scores, mailing fees and other fees noted on MyJLPT may be changed
without notice. In addition, JEES shall not be liable for any damages incurred
as a result of these changes.
The following actions are prohibited when using MyJLPT.
(1) Actions that infringe or may infringe upon the possessions, property, or
privacy of third parties or JEES.
(2) Actions that damage, is detrimental, may damage, or may be detrimental
to third parties of JEES.
(3) Actions that violate, or may violate, public order and morality.
(4) Actions that lead to, or may lead to, unlawful behavior or actions.
(5) Actions that involve false applications or submissions such as registering an
e-mail address of another person.
(6) Actions that are aimed at, or are aimed at the preparation for, sales or
(7) Actions that defame the good name or damage the trust of third parties or
(8) Actions that use, provide, or may use or provide, harmful or damaging
programs such as computer viruses.
(9) Other actions that violate, or may violate, laws, regulations or statutes.
(10) Other actions deemed inappropriate by JEES.
available on this site. Please check for the latest version of the
(2) MyJLPT services may be suspended due to maintenance, technical
difficulties, or due to connection conditions, situations or other causes.
In addition, please note that MyJLPT may be suspended or cancelled
by JEES after a specified notice period.
Should there be any legal actions between the user(s) and JEES
concerning the use of MyJLPT, the Tokyo District Court shall be the
agreement jurisdictional court.
If you have any questions, please refer to the FAQ first. Should you continue to have questions, please contact the JLPT Application Center.
JLPT Application Center
TEL 03-6686-2974 FAX 03-6845-2544
9:30 – 17:30 (except Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays, year end and New Year’s)
*Inquiries by e-mail are not accepted.